26th October: ILM The Strategic Business Support PA Masterclass, De Vere, London W.1.
Join us for a a lively and informative training session which will cover the Executive Assistant & Personal Assistant role in relation to how in the 21st century you are now required to become the 'strategic business support' to your Executive. This means having commercial and business awareness and an understanding of the challenges that your Executive is dealing with on a daily basis and how you can ease the pressure and take on further responsibility.
Topics covered include: Managing your Manager, Organisational Efficiency, Time Management, Commercial & Business Awareness, Minute Taking & Project Management Skills
Testimonials: "I found the most beneficial part of the Masterclass was being the strategic support and what it means, plus organisational efficiency. As a result of knowing my Manager's working style, pressures and objectives I feel I can now improve my support to him". Fiona, Friends of th Earth
"Being aware of temperament style and how people behave and developing my political intelligence was very helpful. Having attended the Masterclass I am now more aware of my communication style and how to adapt to it to my Manager's style so that we can work together more effectively". Lisa, C.Hoare & Co.
- Introduction to the 7 Key Skills and a focus on two of the skills that relate to being The Strategic Business Support PA.
- You will undertake a pre-course questionnaire and complete exercises and activities to assess your oganisational efficiency in working style, knowledge of your strengths and weaknesses, review your time management and prioritisation skills.
- The session will include understanding and working with the temperament of your Managr, problem solving and office management.
- Your project management skills will be developed by completing a Management Skills Case Study during the session.
- Each learner will receive a CPD Standards Office Certificate for attending and an ILM Certificate for completing all 3 sessions in the 7 Key Skills PA Management Programme.
- The session will include, debate, discussion, group activities and feedback on the key skills learnt
- Learners will explore how to measure and evaluate their performance in their strengths and how to optimise them
- Explore new time management techniques and how to use project management tools to increase productivity
- Understanding of their Executive's temperament and working style will enable effective communication and team working
- As Executive Gatekeepers understanding and developing political intelligence will enable valuable strategic business support
- Project management skills will be developed by group work on a project management case stud
7 Key Skills PA Management Programme, ILM accredited (ILM is the Leadership & Management division of City & Guilds, no.1 for Qualifications in the UK and recognised in over 80 countries globally).
The 7 Key Skills PA Management Programme has been devised by the former EA to the Chairman of British Telecom (BT) who is now a CIPD L&D Practitioner, CTI Coach & Associate Lecturer at Birkbeck, University of London. The programme meets the demand for a comprehensive programme that increases the confidence and abilities of Executive Assistants, Personal Assistants, Senior Secretaries, Admin Support & Team PAs.
Key Benefits of attending for you and your organisation:
The complete programme will develop your capabilities in time management, project management, organisational skills, PA leadership and management skills, strengths and weaknesses, decision making, minute taking, communicating with teams, understanding temperaments, managing difficult situations, commercial and business awareness, emotional intelligence, assertiveness, communication skills, personal branding and social media.
How to Book: To receive a brochure and reserve your place email Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 0800 043 0258.
Cost: Global PA Members - £425 per session. For non members: £450. Discounts apply for public sector and not for profit and personal payment.
Venue: De Vere Venues, West One, 9-10 Portland Place, London W1. Each session runs from 0930-1645 and includes all refreshments, 2 course sit down lunch and training materials.
This session will be delivered by our Founder, Rosemary Parr. The programme is approved by the ILM, the CPD Standards office and by Birkbeck, University of London for students studying the Certificate in Higher Management for EAs & PAs.
Cost is £148 for Members, £175 for non Members. Email Amanda at email@example.com